One of my new blog reads, Inn of the Wayward Misfits, recently published a meme where you have to answer 10 question asked by the blog owner and then ask 10 questions for others to answer. Oooh. I’m intrigued! Here’s the post with Alesse’s 10 questions.
1. Do you blog and why?
…well, obviously, yes! Haha. Well, I blog because I really like to ramble, and having my own blog suits me well. If people like to read my ramblings, I’m happy and excited, but even if nobody was reading, I’d still blog. I like to get my thoughts out of my head!
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
Well, even though my real name is Maria, I’ve always gone by Lily/Lilanie online. And since it’s about dolls…well, it wasn’t that hard. It could have been a more poetic and beautiful name like many other blogs, but instead I opted for very straightforward and very me.
3. Do you design your own layouts or do you prefer premades/defaults? Why?
Well, WordPress doesn’t really let you do your own layouts, unless you’d like to pay. Since my blog is currently for free, because I spend all my (fiancé’s) money on dolls, I use a premade layout. I dream of getting my own layout one day…and my own .com-adress.
4. Do you advertise your blog at many places?
Both yes and no. When I comment on other blogs, I comment with my WordPress-profile. On various doll forums, I either link to my blog on my profile or in my signature (or both). Plus I have traded links with a bunch of blogs!
5. Are you the type of blogger who likes to have different blogs for different subjects?
Yes. I prefer that other people keep their things separate too, so it’s only natural to do the same with my own blog. If I like to read about Amy’s dolls, I don’t necessarily need to read about how Amy really likes to recreate Mona Lisa with various pasta dishes…although that would be pretty cool to read about, actually! That being said, I only have this blog at the moment. I had a nail polish blog for a very short period of time, but I didn’t feel the passion to write like I do with this blog.
6. What is more important to you; blog popularity (lots of hits/high blog view stats/number of followers), or readers who interact with you?
I love chatting with my readers, so that’s obviously the more important thing to me. I’d rather have a small number of followers who love to comment, than a huuuge crowd of followers who are completely silent. (And I actually seem to have that small, but active, number of followers, so I count myself very lucky!)
7. Do you ever feel disheartened by your blog and why?
No, actually I don’t. I write mainly to get my thoughts out of my head, and people reading is just a huge bonus. The only thing that sometimes saddens me is when I sometime neglect my blog for a week or maybe more. I miss writing, but I can’t find the inspiration or the time. But luckily my readers are patient people!
8. Have you ever deleted a blog? Why/Why not?
Yes. My nail polish blog was deleted, because I didn’t want to write. That kept me from starting this blog for quite a while – I feared I’d end up not posting here either! But so far I’ve been posting pretty consistently, which makes me very proud. I’m bad at sticking to things…
9. Do you reply to comments made on your blog? Why/Why not?
Yes, always! When my readers take the time to comment on my ramblings, the least I can do is reply! Other than that it helps me get new friends in the hobby, which is a huge bonus. Sometimes I also find new blogs, when their owner comments on my blog – this was the case with Inn of the Wayward Misfits!
10. How much time a week on average do you spend either blogging or reading blogs?
Oh…not enough! I spend maybe an hour on each post, and I try to post 3 times a week. Reading blogs? 30 minutes to 1 hour each day. It changes with the amount of new posts from the blogs I follow. I follow a lot of nail polish blogs and a few makeup blogs, but I often just look at the pictures in those, unless something catches my interest. When it comes to doll posts though, I carefully read each post and try to comment, if I have anything clever to add!
(I use Feedly to follow blogs, if anybody was wondering.)
Now to add my 10 questions…you can all consider yourselves tagged!
- Why do you enjoy blogging?
- Why did you choose to blog about your chosen subject?
- Do you consider blogging a hobby in itself, or is it just a part of the hobby you’re blogging about?
- Would you like to buy your own domain?
- Do you spend a lot of time commenting on other people’s blogs? Why/why not?
- Do you mainly read blogs about the same topic as you blog about, or something entirely else?
- Do you have a lot of blogs or just the one?
- What is more important to you; blog popularity (lots of hits/high blog view stats/number of followers), or readers who interact with you?
(Sorry for stealing this, Alesse, but I love the question!)
- Do you post a lot of picture posts, or do you always let the text be the main attraction?
- Would you like to have a co-blogger for your blog?